Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sagamore Farm VIP Tour and Brunch

Invitation
 The Front Gates
 Inside the  90 stall Historic Barn
 Indoor 1/4 Mile Track
 The Thoroughbred Race Barn






Me with 2yo. Colt Make Em Pay
The Tack Room

 Sagamore President Hunter Rankin and ABR's Dan Tordjman
 The Training Track
 Schooling in the gates
Rule Yourself
R J Bentley
Maryland Pride
De Marquee
Come Around
Brute Force
Brute Force will be racing on the card on Saturday at Pimlico for the 141st Preakness
Through Twitter, I have become friends with Dan Tordjman. Dan is a coorespondent for ABR, Americas Best Racing. He has become a fan of my Equine Art, and I have donated a couple of my prints to an ABR event that will benefit TAA, Thoroughbred After Care. As a kick off event for Preakness week, Dan invited me to an ABR hosted  VIP Tour and Brunch of Sagamore Farm.
 Sagamores rich history dates back to 1925. Founded by Margaret Emerson Vanderbilt, the farm stayed in the Vanderbilt family until being sold to a developer in 1986. In 2007 Founder and CEO of Under Armour, and Maryland native Kevin Plank bought the farm with plans for major renovations.
I visited the farm on a grey, dreary, wet, chilly day, but it was absolutely incredible! From the hospitality by Sagamore President Hunter Rankin, and Chief of Staff Jocelyn Brooks, to the tour of the historic and new barns, to the grounds, to the incredible Thoroughbreds in the barn, to the race horses training on the track, everything was amazing!
When I got home, I showed Joshua the introductory video on Sagamoreracing.com, and he said, "Oh my gosh Dad, you just got to go Disney for people that love horses!" I dont think I could have described my experience any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment